The Quiz Pro Pros competition will be held on three Sundays over October-December -- October 15, November 19 and December 17.
Six teams have been created based on the current or most recent occupations of the 40-odd registrants, as follows:
1. Engineering: Rahul Kakodkar (captain), C.N. Prabhakar, Harsh Hegde, Lucky Kaul, and Sahil Ramchandani
2. IT: J Krishnamurthi (captain), Aaron Araujo, Devadas Krishnan, Nathan Moniz, Tanmay Pereira Naik, and Tejan Karmali
3. Buildings: Rajiv D'Silva, (captain, Architect), Anant Sridhar Prabhu (Construction), Mayur Shett (Construction), Srijit Kumar (Real Estate), and Sunil Sardessai (Architect)
4. Medicine: Chandrashekhar Rao (captain), Anurag Dalal, Aproop Prabhu Dessai, Ashwin Mascarenhas, Leander Paes, Mohnish Sardessai, Pallavi Dhakne, and Zibane Paes
5. Media & Communications: Anjali Sen Gupta (captain, Communications Consultant), Anuradha Goyal (Writer), Arvind Sivakumaran (Filmmaker), Madhura Chakraborty (Editor / Writer), Pamela D'Mello (Journalist), and Vidyadhar Gadgil (Editor / Journalist)
6. Misc: Gouthami (captain, NGO Sector), Akash Kulkarni (Education), Delson Roche (Merchant Marine), George Varghese (Farmer), Kanchan Gatward (Banking), Mahesh Prabhu (Logistics), Paul Gatward (Football Official), Pranab Mukhopadhyay (Education), Sanjay Parab (Retailer), Suraj Kamat (Football Official), and Susheela (Farmer)
There is a bit of an overlap between Engineering and IT, as there are a whole lot of Engineering students doing Computer Science who have registered -- I have divided them between the two teams for evenness.
The competition format has been left flexible, so that non-registered participants who land up can join in relevant teams as per their work areas. The absence of limits on the number of people in a team also makes it possible for people to miss episodes along the way without disrupting the team structures.
For the overall competition, points will be calculated on a percentile basis. For each quiz, the top team will be awarded 100 points, and the other teams a percentile score equal to their percentage of the top team's winning quiz score. The final rankings will be determined by the total of the teams' percentile scores across all three episodes.