The 2010 edition of Mahaquizzer, the National Quizzing Championship, will be held simultaneously across 14 cities on Sunday, May 30, 2010. The cities where centres are being offered are Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Pune, Guwahati, Panaji, Thrissur, Mysore and Coimbatore. Singapore could also figure among the venues.
Conducted annually by the Karnataka Quizzing Association (KQA), Mahaquizzer is open to individual entrants, irrespective of age or other affiliations (though it is recommended that the taker is at least 12 years old). There is no entry fee. Contestants are required to answer 150 questions in 90 minutes.
Four prizes will be given out in each city: Best Quizzer, Best Woman Quizzer, Best College Quizzer and Best School Quizzer. The person recording the highest score across all centres will hold the title of Mahaquizzer for 2010. She/he will also be awarded the *Wing Commander G.R. Mulky Trophy for Quizzing Excellence. This trophy will be presented during ASKQANCE, the KQA 27th Anniversary Open Quiz Festival scheduled for 19th and 20th June 2010.
Mahaquizzer 2010 has been set by Arun Hiregange, Dibyendu Das, Thejaswi Udupa, Mitesh Agarwal and Ochintya Sharma. Mitesh Agarwal will coordinate the event across all centres.
How to register
1. Participants interested in registering should mail Mahaquizzer@gmail.com
2. Please mention the city where you would like to appear from in the subject-header.
3. Please do mention age and institutional affiliations if you are a student.
4. Please register by Sunday 23 May 2010. Late entrants, including spot entrants, will be allowed based on availability of answer sheets, which will be limited.
5. You will receive a mail confirming your entry latest by May 28, 2010. If you fail to receive your confirmation, please e-mail email@example.com or Rajiv D'Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can have a look at previous editions of the quiz (2005-2009) here: