Mind-Sweep will be held in India/Asia on the morning of Sunday 8 January 2012 . In Goa, the event will take place at 9.30 am at the Intenational Centre Goa, Dona Paula.
The quiz will require participants to answer 200 questions–in two sessions of 60 minutes each with a 30 minute break between sessions for corrections.
The quiz is split into 10 sections of 20 questions each and is set by Dibyendu Das, Kiran Vijayakumar and Arul Mani.
- The Arts: Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Design, Architecture, Installation Art, Dance, Theatre
- Science and Tech: Concepts in the Sciences, History and Philosophy of Science, History of Technology, The Environment, Astronomy, Medicine, Inter-disciplinary work, Popular Science Writing
- Literature: Poetry, Literary Fiction, Non-Fiction, Drama, Genre Fiction, Graphic Novels, Critics, Literary History, Translation
- Social Sciences: History, Anthropology, Cultural Studies/Social History, History of Ideas, Economics,The Philosophers
- Business: Brands, Fashion, Business History, Advertising
- Sports and Leisure: Sporting History, Games, Television, Gaming, Sports-Writing, Sports-Coverage, Hobbies–Collecting, Gardening, Fan-communities, The Internet
- Cinema: Hollywood, National Cinemas, World Cinema, Film Genres, Film-Technology, Film-language, Cinema & Society. Film-writing
- Music: Instruments, Performers, Genre Music, World Music, Tech Innovations, Music-magazines, Music industry, Music-journalism
- Food & Drink: From all over the world.