Dei, these twenty-two rowdies have challenged me, Twin-Gun Gurugan: Nitish, Delson, Ajey, Anjali, Gouthami, Ameya, Rajiv, Mahesh, Sunil, Kanchan, Gadgil, Sanjay, Srijit, Paul, Sahil, Tanmay, Suraj, Viola, Harsh Hegde, Anant, Chirag, and Tejan Karmali.
[Okay, I can't do the 'accent' any more.]
Based on the number of registrations, here's the format for the competition.
- The participants will be divided into six Groups, four with 4 participants each, and two with 3 each.
- The Groups will be chosen through a draw of lots at a prior event.
- Each Group will have its own 1st-Round Match, in which the participants will be asked 10 questions on their chosen subject and 10 questions on general knowledge.
- The questions will be like in all our quizzes, audiovisual questions as well as dry ones.
- The winners of the six Matches will automatically go through to the Semi-finals. The two best second-placed players across the Groups (in terms of points scored, not some popularity contest) will also qualify.
- The 8 qualifiers will be divided into two Semis with four Players each.
- If, for whatever reason, any of the 8 original qualifiers cannot make it for the Semis, their place(s) will be taken by the player(s) with the next highest score in the 1st-Round Matches.
- The format of the Semis will be identical to the Round 1 matches.
- The top 2 from each Semi will meet in the Final.
- The format of the Final will remain as in earlier rounds, except that there will be more questions for both the specialised subject and general knowledge sets.
Dates and Venues
- The Round 1 matches will be held over two days -- Sunday, October 16 at ICG, and on Sunday, October 30 (in place of the Margao monthly) at UHC, Margao.
- The Semi-finals and the Final will be held in mid-November and mid-December, respectively, on dates yet to be decided.