The Incredible India Quizzes (IIQ) will be organised on Independence Day, August 15, partnership with the International Centre Goa (ICG), Dona Paula. The quizzes will be held at the ICG, starting from 3pm. Here are the details:
* The IIQ 2010 will be conducted as two editions -- the first one for Schools, and the second an Open quiz.
* Entries are invited for teams of two for each of the quizzes. For the Schools edition, both team members must be from the same school.
* For the Open quiz, any two people can team up, irrespective of age, sex, nationality or whatever. Participants in the schools edition can also register for the Open edition, with the same or different partners.
* The last date for registration is Friday, August 13, 2010.
* Entry for both quizzes is free.
* The focus of both quizzes will be on all things Indian. The content will include audio, visual and video questions, buzzer rounds, the works.
* In each of the editions, there will be a written preliminary round for all registered teams, with the six top teams going up on stage for the final quiz.
* A tentative schedule for the day is as follows:
-- 3pm to 3.30pm: Schools edition prelims
-- 3.30pm to 5pm: Schools edition finals (six teams on stage)
-- 5pm to 5.30pm: Open edition prelims
-- 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Open edition finals (six teams on stage)
-- 7.30pm to 8pm: Prize distribution and wind-up
* Great prizes are being offered by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of Goa, for the top two teams in each of the editions. Certificates will be awarded to all participating students in the schools edition.
* The quiz will be conducted by Annie Sen Gupta,.
* To register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'IIQ 2010 registration' in the Subject line, and the names plus contact numbers or e-mail IDs of both team members (with school name, if entry is for the schools edition) in the body of the message. Alternatively, you can send in your registration in the form of a letter listing the names of team members to Arjun Halarnkar, Programmes Manager, ICG, Dona Paula.
* For more details, call Aniruddha Sen Gupta on 2415449.